Hello my name is Star, I am six years old. I go to our local country school and have many friends who I love very much. I have an undiagnosed brain condition so I cannot walk or talk yet, but I understand everything and I am very cheeky!
My communications teacher calls me a little toad because I love to play tricks on her.

I live with Mummy and Daddy in the country, and at the moment we have Melanie staying with us. Mel is an occupational therapist so we are very lucky. She is helping Mummy while Daddy is busy. We do physiotherapy every day. This is called ABR, Advanced Biomechanical Rehabilitation. If you would like to click on the links below, you can read all about it. It has helped me to start to use my hands and changed my body to help me move.
I love going to school, and now I have two communication devices which I am using to answer questions and to spell and count. It is very exciting and I hope you will follow my progress as I get better.

Lots of love me xxx




Thursday, June 17, 2010

Merit award

I am very happy because I got the class merit award for my spelling using my communication devices. I also made a speech about my family at the school assembly.
I was sick again with the flu and ear infection but am back at school again. I missed out on my orthapaedic appointment because I was sick.
I am turning the pages of my readers by myself.
We are off to Singapore for my ABR in mid July. I want to go back to the zoo and visit the elephants again. Last time I fed them and they sucked my hands!
Love me
xx

3 comments:

  1. We found your blog! (not some crazy lady :)....we met you guys and the lovely Miss Star at Parramatta!)

    Well done on your merit award Star! And gorgeous photo of you and Daddy at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...how was the trip to Singapore? Hope everything's well.. Please keep us updated.. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Star how are u Uncle Graham and Unt Sammy

    ReplyDelete